1. The university was founded by a millionaire philanthropist. 2. He was a wealthy businessman and philanthropist.
What is a good sentence for the word philanthropist?
Philanthropist sentence example. He was a great philanthropist , interested especially in the education of all defectives, the feeble-minded, the blind, and the deaf. His only son, Anthony Ashley, succeeded him as 4th earl, and his great-grandson was the famous philanthropist , the 7th earl.
How would you use philanthropy in a sentence?
Examples of ‘philanthropy’ in a sentence philanthropy
- Both simultaneously are stepping back from their businesses to pursue philanthropy through foundations run by their wives. …
- We do both business and philanthropy.
- Their philanthropy saved people from destitution.
What is an example of philanthropist?
An example of philanthropy is Warren Buffett contributing $31 billion of his own personal fortune to The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. (uncountable) Benevolent altruism with the intention of increasing the well-being of mankind, especially by charitable giving.
What does a philanthropist person mean?
A philanthropist is a person who donates time, money, experience, skills or talent to help create a better world.
How do you use philanthropist?
Examples of ‘philanthropist’ in a sentence philanthropist
- He has been the most extraordinarily generous philanthropist. …
- They were two of the great philanthropists of their time. …
- Our mayor is a brilliant businessman and philanthropist; yours is not.
Who is an example of a modern day philanthropist?
Bill Gates and Warren Buffett frequently top the list of biggest philanthropists. In 2018, Buffet donated $3.4 billion to foundations dedicated to women’s rights, social justice and fighting poverty, and has also donated to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
What does philanthropic mean in a sentence?
: for or relating to the act of giving money and time to help needy people : charitable I do philanthropic work.
What is a sentence for boor?
1. She has thrown herself away upon that boor from sheer ignorance that better individuals existed! 2. Damn sight more than that boor behind the bar.
How do you use philosophy in a sentence?
Philosophy in a Sentence
- After studying philosophy at school, Pete now understands the reason people act the way they do.
- When the teacher explained her philosophy of education to the principal, he realized she believed that children learn by inspiration.
How do you praise a philanthropist?
- appreciate your recent gift.
- appreciate your latest donation.
- consider it an honor.
- continuing interest in and generosity to.
- deepest gratitude.
- deserve our deepest thanks.
- express my personal appreciation.
- for being a wonderful friend.
When can you call yourself a philanthropist?
In essence, it’s a wish to promote the welfare of others, usually expressed by giving generously to charities or other worthy causes. If popping some loose change into a collection tin now and then or giving two pounds a month by direct debit are included, nearly all of us are philanthropists.
Who is the No 1 philanthropist in the world?
|Rank||Original Philanthropist||Estimated Current Value of Donation|
|2.||Bill Gates & Melinda French Gates||74.6|
Are BTS philanthropists?
South Korean boy band BTS are known for their philanthropic endeavors. Multiple members of the band have been inducted into prestigious donation clubs, such as the UNICEF Honors Club and the Green Noble Club, in acknowledgement of the size and frequency of their donations.
What is a philanthropist easy?
A philanthropist is a person who gives money or gifts to charities, or helps needy people in other ways. Famous examples include Andrew Carnegie and Bill & Melinda Gates. … A philanthropist practices philanthropy. Philanthropists are wealthy people with a generous nature and a concern for human welfare.