What happens on philanthropy Day?
National Philanthropy Day is an annual observance on November 15 that is designated by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) to celebrate charitable activities in the form of donated financial, in-kind, and volunteering support.
What is sorority philanthropy Day?
“[Philanthropy Day is] meant to introduce you to each sorority on campus and their respective philanthropic initiatives,” she said. “There are different activities and projects that you guys will work on based on that [chapter’s initiative].”
What is philanthropy Day during rush?
PHILANTHROPY DAY: A cute dress topped off by a denim jacket and paired with wedges will fit the bill nicely. Come prepared to listen and learn about which organization is closest to each sorority’s heart! SKIT/SISTERHOOD NIGHT: Semi-formal is the name of the game.
What is philanthropy night?
Page 1. Philanthropy Night. -Casual Cute -Tonight is a low-key night where each chapter will inform you on their philanthropy and all the work they do toward their different organizations.
What do you wear to a philanthropy round?
Round 2: Philanthropy Round
Again, you can stick with a skirt, shorts, statement pants, or a casual dress, but elevate the look with a slightly more formal top or accessories. You don’t have to wear heels during this round, but you totally can if you want to. Otherwise, flats will suffice.
What is convocation for Rush?
Convocation: PNM Convocation is an event put on by the College Panhellenic Council to kick off recruitment week. All PNMs are expected to attend. Greek Day: All ten (10) sororities have prepared a video introducing their chapter.
What do you wear to a frat rush event?
What to wear. When showing up to a casual rush event, don’t overdo it, please. When people show up wearing loafers and a collared dress shirt, it just feels like they are trying too hard. … I would suggest going with some nice khaki shorts, and a well-fitting t-shirt or polo.
What should I wear on pref day?
Pref is the most formal round. All the guides are saying to wear a cocktail dress. However, we recommend that you wear something a little more formal than the rest of the rounds. Don’t wear anything too tight.
What should I ask on preference night?
Here are some examples of questions you might ask the sorority members for Pref:
- Why did you choose to join your sorority?
- Are there any leadership positions for new members?
- Are there sisterhood events?
- What is your favorite memory?
- How has being in a sorority changed your college experience?
What should I ask for on Philanthropy Day?
By asking a sorority sister questions you are showing genuine interest in their sisterhood. And you are showing that you are willing and wanting to learn more about their sisterhood. And this is a quality all sororities are looking for in PNMs!
What questions do they ask during rush?
Be Prepared: Recruitment Questions
- Where are you from? What’s your hometown?
- What dorm are you in?
- What classes are you taking?
- Do you have a major already?
- Did you have a fun summer? …
- How are you enjoying rush/recruitment?
- Have you met your roommate yet? …
- How are you enjoying your first week of school so far?
What PNMs should I ask during philanthropy?
Important Questions to Ask PNMs
- What did you do in high school? …
- Have you done any philanthropic work? …
- How do you like [the name of your school] so far? …
- Why did you decide to come out for recruitment? …
- What did you do this summer? …
- Are you looking into any other clubs or other extra-curricular organizations?