How do you use philanthropic?
Philanthropic in a Sentence
1. The philanthropic organization does its best to provide shelter and food for the homeless citizens of its city. 2. The millionaire is thankfully a philanthropic man, donating a lot of his wealth to charity and organizations that help the less fortunate.
How would you use philanthropy in a sentence?
Examples of ‘philanthropy’ in a sentence philanthropy
- Both simultaneously are stepping back from their businesses to pursue philanthropy through foundations run by their wives. …
- We do both business and philanthropy.
- Their philanthropy saved people from destitution.
What is an example of philanthropy?
An example of philanthropy is giving money to charity and volunteering. An example of philanthropy is donating canned goods to a food bank to help needy families in your community or donating toys to the Toys for Tots toy drive to provide Christmas presents to needy children.
How do u use philanthropist in a sentence?
Philanthropist in a Sentence
- This year, the philanthropist will give fifty scholarships to needy high school graduates.
- Even though my daughter does not have a lot, she is a philanthropist because she is always trying to feed homeless people.
What are philanthropic activities?
Philanthropy refers to charitable acts or other good works that help others or society as a whole. Philanthropy can include donating money to a worthy cause or volunteering time, effort, or other forms of altruism.
What does philanthropic mean in a sentence?
: for or relating to the act of giving money and time to help needy people : charitable I do philanthropic work.
How do you use monopoly in a sentence?
Monopoly sentence example
- The state tobacco monopoly was abolished in 1817. …
- Venice lost her monopoly of oriental traffic. …
- No one has the monopoly on truth. …
- In the personal computer market, Microsoft holds a monopoly .
How do you use Parliament in a sentence?
Examples of parliament in a Sentence
The parliament has authority over the armed forces. The issue was debated in Parliament. The law was passed in the present parliament.
What is the sentence of alleviate?
Alleviate sentence example. In 1901, after years of disastrous drought and famine, the government of India appointed a commission to examine throughout all India what could be done by irrigation to alleviate the horrors of famine. The customization process seeks to alleviate this problem.
Why is philanthropy needed?
Philanthropy is important because it provides opportunities. Philanthropy supports projects and endeavors that may be too unpopular or controversial to gain the widespread support of the general public or the government. For this reason, philanthropy is a very important part of a democratic society.
What philanthropy means to me?
It meant “love of humanity.” Today, philanthropy means generosity in all its forms and is often defined as giving gifts of “time, talent and treasure” to help make life better for other people. You can practice philanthropy by making a monetary gift, such as a donation to a cause you believe in.
How is philanthropy different from charity?
While charity is focused on providing immediate relief to people and is often driven by emotions, philanthropy is focused on helping people and solving their problems over the long-term.
What part of speech is philanthropy?
noun, plural phi·lan·thro·pies. altruistic concern for human welfare and advancement, usually manifested by donations of money, property, or work to needy persons, by endowment of institutions of learning and hospitals, and by generosity to other socially useful purposes.
How do you use philosophy in a sentence?
Philosophy in a Sentence
- After studying philosophy at school, Pete now understands the reason people act the way they do.
- When the teacher explained her philosophy of education to the principal, he realized she believed that children learn by inspiration.
How do you use ensuing in a sentence?
Ensuing in a Sentence
- In the ensuing weeks after the hurricane, thousands of people went without power.
- After the politician was arrested, the ensuing media frenzy caused voters to become confused.
- Since witnesses placed Larry at the crime scene, his ensuing arrest came as no surprise to anyone.